This training course is aimed at the appointed / nominated person, who is responsible for ensuring that any pallet racking in use on site is fit for purpose and is safe to use on a regular basis. This training is carried out on your site and the duration of this course is two days with a mix of both theory and practical sessions.
The course is split into 7 modules -
Module 1. What is pallet racking?
The components that pallet racking is made up from.
Module 2. Why inspect pallet racking?
Reasons for inspecting pallet racking
- What regulations might be breached if a regular pallet racking inspection is not carried out?
- The potential consequences of any incident and the effects on those concerned including the responsible person.
- The cost to a company following such an incident.
- What might be covered by insurance and what wouldn't.
Module 3. How to inspect pallet racking
- What to look for on a general inspection of the workplace.
- Types of inspection
- Pallet racking allowable deflections and tolerances.
Module 4. The common hazardous activities
- Known hazards around the warehouse.
- Potential causes of racking damage.
- How to reduce the risks around the warehouse.
Module 5. How to conduct a pallet racking inspection
A method of writing out the outcome of the inspection
- Understanding the processes and procedures
- Understanding the required paperwork
Module 6. What types of damage you might find
Presentation and discussion on the types of damage found in most warehouses
- Review a gallery of pallet racking images that have damage.
- Complete the required paperwork.
Module 7. Reporting Damage
- Ways of reporting
- Keeping records
- Legal responsibilities
The course includes practical elements which involve using theory and applying it to the pallet racking systems you work with everyday.
The course concludes with a practical assessment in your warehouse of the skills gained along with a written exam to help consolidate the theory aspect of the training.